Below is our vision for the Eco Park, this is what drives us through all the hard work developing the site into a green community space.
- To further develop our education programme for Community groups, Schools and individuals in Horticulture / Organic Gardening, Sustainable and Traditional Skills.
- Build up our community garden scheme with 4 more organic allotments and by developing shared areas including; a fruit growing area, polytunnel, community shed and composting facilities.
- To open up access around the site with footpaths and trails.
- To develop partnerships with local undergraduate design courses, building temporary and semi-permenant field shelters in order to engage with the students and wider public around the topic of sustainable building. These shelters will offer a resting point away from the elements, while framing the stunning valley views.
- Bring water to the Eco Park in the form of a natural pond.
- The creation of further shelter belts and woodland.
- To work with the Artistic community on site-specific sculptures and creative works with an environmental focus.
- Working in partnership with CEP (Community Energy Plus) to provide information to develop a community renewable energy plan.