Mount Pleasant Eco Park – Campsite Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Campsite Manager to join our growing business and manage the already bustling campsite. We are looking for someone who is confident in themselves to oversee the daily operations on site, including changeovers and cleaning, at the same time as retaining the community ethos of the site. The role will incorporate everything from checking in guests, to managing changeovers of accommodation, cleaning of facilities, assisting guests and keeping the site neat and tidy and looking beautiful. This is a live-in role.
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- First point of contact for all guests, greeting and checking in new arrivals with confidence
- Managing campsite booking software, responding to email and phone enquiries
- Involved in all aspects of running the campsite, including working with the Eco Park team to ensure it complies with Health and Safety legislation, amenities are in working order (gas, water, electrics)
- Cleaning campsite toilets and showers, cleaning changeovers for our pods and shepherd’s huts and the venue facilities as required
- Liaising with Eco Park maintenance team to manage campsite waste, recycling and laundry facilities
- Purchasing and managing stock levels of cleaning supplies
- Managing and training casual and cleaning staff, setting rotas to ensure adequate cover for busy periods and holidays
- General maintenance of campsite facilities and minor repairs, eg changing light bulbs
- Selling firewood, renting fire pits, stocking shop, staffing campsite reception during peak season
- During Tropical Pressure festival in July (campsite is shut for two weeks), assist with build and break for festival, manage pods and huts for artist accommodation
- On call for out of hours emergencies
- Generally ensuring our campers are happy ones
You may be asked to carry out other relevant duties relating to the campsite.
- Passion for the outdoors – understanding the importance of responsible camping
- Fun and energetic attitude
- Excellent customer service and ability to cope in busy periods
- Full driving licence and access to vehicle
- Management experience in the hospitality or tourism sector
- Commercial/domestic cleaning experience
What we offer:
This is a full time post, with variable hours through low and peak season.
Pay – £13.50 per hour, PAYE. Plus, this role includes a free live in EHU pitch on our site.
20 days holiday (pro rata) and sick pay, pension. Please note, holidays must be taken outside of peak season where possible.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send us a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
DEADLINE: 31st January 2024