The Down To Earth Foundation is a non profit organisation based on the stunning North Cornish Coast. We offer sustainable ‘Living Education’ projects, workshops, school camps and volunteer programmes, which highlight our interdependence and connection with the natural environment.
We are a small educational non-profit organisation that seeks to bring our vision of sustainable living ‘down to earth’ in realistic, artistic and practical ways through courses, talks and initiatives.
Whilst visiting us, learners have access to the Mount Pleasant Ecological Park and its facilities, including:
- Brand new Meeting House. Built using local timber, with a sedum roof and powered by renewable energies. Natural materials such as earth plasters, straw bales non toxic paints and finishes help make this people-friendly building an inspiring and healthy space for your group to meet, use and learn.
- The UK’s largest rammed earth building and examples of sustainable building methods.
- 42 acres of land in a UNESCO Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, rich in local history and within half a mile of Porthtowan beach.
- Organic Community Garden Scheme.
- A recycled tyre amphitheatre.
- Cob courtyard with a cob pizza oven and firepit.
- Outdoor canvas covered spaces.
- Campsite accomodation.
- Compost loos and solar showers.
Whether you are an individual, group or school and want to know more about how we can help you on your path to sustainable living please email firstname.lastname@example.org